JLL Wins the 2016 Global Innovator's Award from CoreNet Global
October 24, 2016
ATLANTA (October 24, 2016) — Professional services firm JLL received the H. Bruce Russell Global Innovator's Award from CoreNet Global, the leading professional association for corporate real estate, workplace and economic development professionals. CoreNet Global announced the award at its Global Recognition and Awards Dinner in conjunction with its Global Summit, held last week in Philadelphia.
JLL's entry for its Innovation and Product Development (IPD) Platform also received the2016Professional Excellence Award from CoreNet Global. The IPD Platform is JLL's corporate real estate collaboration and crowdsourcing process that creates products and services through sourcing, vetting and productizing ideas. The platform seeks solutions to specific business challenges through innovation workshops, idea campaigns and internal crowd sourcing.
Senior leaders in the association judged 56 entries across the three awards categories and had previously selected additional winners:
- TD/Ever Better Alliance (CBRE and Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions) received the 2016 Professional Excellence Award for their Vested Outsourcing Model Implementation
- View, Hillhouse Construction, Sharp Development Co., Studio G and Integral Group received the2016 Sustainable Leadership Award for “Mathilda: Zero Net Energy Office Retrofit in Sunnyvale, Calif.”
- Method received the2016 Sustainable Leadership Award for its new LEED Platinum manufacturing and office headquarters in Chicago
- The Water Council, in Milwaukee, Wis.,received the 2016 Economic Development Leadership Award for its “Water Technology Cluster Leadership”
Finalists, including JLL and those listed below competed this summer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT) in Cambridge, Mass., for the grand prize, the 2016 H. Bruce Russell Global Innovator's Award (GIA). The competition is sponsored by Gensler.
- TD/Ever Better Alliance (CBRE and Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions) – Vested Outsourcing Model Implementation
- View, Hillhouse Construction, Sharp Development Co., Studio G and Integral Group – Mathilda: Zero Net Energy Office Retrofit in Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Method – LEED Platinum manufacturing and office headquarters in Chicago
- The Water Council – Water Technology Cluster Leadership
- GoDaddy – Creating an Innovative Culture through an Engaging Workspace
- LEVERTON – Machine Learning/Neural Networks Technologies in Real Estate
- PNC Financial Services Group – LEED Platinum Tower at PNC Plaza
- Royal Bank of Canada and Oxford (the real estate investment arm of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) – Bridging the Gap from Toronto's Financial District to the Waterfront
CoreNet Global recognizes and thanks the following 2016 awards judges:
- Jody Brown, Senior Director, Global Sourcing, Real Estate & General Services, Thomson Reuters
- Ming Lee Chua, Global Real Estate Director, Unilever
- Alison Rankin, Director of Group Real Estate, EMEA, BP International Ltd
- Stuart Brodsky, Deputy Director of the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment, NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
- Stephen Evanko, Corporate Real Estate Executive
- Russ McFadden, Vice President, Portfolio Management & Transactions, AT&T
- Chris Nunn, Head of Sustainability, Property, AMP Capital
- Brian Schwagerl, Corporate Real Estate Executive
Economic Development Leadership
- René Buck, CEO, Buck Consultants International
- Candace Butler, Manager, Economic Development, General Motors Company
- Silvano Mason, Regional Director, Accommodation and Portfolio Management, Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Kate McEnroe, Owner, Kate McEnroe Consulting
- Gray Swoope, President and Chief Executive Officer, VisionFirst Advisors, LLC
About CoreNet Global
CoreNet Global is the world's leading professional association for corporate real estate (CRE) and workplace executives, service providers and economic developers. CoreNet Global's more than 10,000 members, who include 70% of the top 100 U.S. companies and nearly half of the Global 2000, meet locally, globally and virtually to develop networks, share knowledge, learn and thrive professionally. For more information, please visit www.corenetglobal.org.