Commercial Development of the Future: People + Planet Thursday, 3 November 2022 from 10:00 AM – 10:40 AM
Integrated design firm, SmithGroup and general contractor, DPR Construction come together to showcase how commercial development focused on both people and the planet drives results. Panelists will share how the firms’ collaborative approaches have resulted in ground-breaking projects including Arizona’s first commercial net-zero-energy office building, an adaptive-reuse project in Sacramento that exceeds California’s Commercial 2030 Net Zero mandate, and the new net-positive energy headquarters in the South Bay. The resilient work environments also foster collaboration, innovation and cement deep connections to the outdoors and surrounding communities. The Sacramento project utilized cross-laminated timber shear walls, a first in the state of California. Come join us for an interesting discussion on how two future-focused organizations are changing the industry by focusing on people and planet, first.
- Discover a methodology to identify aged buildings that lend themselves to reuse and simultaneously achieve LEED, Zero Energy, and health and well-being goals.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of transforming the existing building stock into zero energy living laboratories, in varied climates and contexts.
- Explore the lessons learned from a body of high-performance buildings and how these lessons have influenced our approach to the future work.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Manufacturing & Industrial, Portfolio Management
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Innovation, Sustainability, and Workplace.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: