While You Were Gone, the Entire Campus was Reimagined Thursday, 3 November 2022 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
While TIAA prepared for the six-building renovation and redefinition of its Charlotte, NC, campus, the 2020 lockdown began. As employees went home, TIAA quickly pivoted to a new comprehensive vision of work - a massive scope of change, affecting everything from corporate real estate (CRE) strategy to design to wellbeing. Every design aspect references TIAA's four guiding principles that vivify DEI: Celebrate, conveying TIAA's values, what it does, who it serves; Focus, putting people first to attract and retain associates, boosting individual and group effectiveness; Thrive, embracing safety, wellness, and sustainability, nurturing body and mind; and Evolve, designing beyond today to shift as workforce needs change. Bringing all the critical pieces together, the IA-TIAA team turned the pandemic's negative CRE impacts into a net positive.
- Explore how to leverage a focus on the employee experience as the “north star” for all design and facility decisions to achieve successful business outcomes.
- Discover how to draw from a strong model to promote wellness, diversity, and inclusion when reinventing the workspace.
- Learn how branding and graphics can be a critical component of the workplace design to refresh outdated aesthetics, help users navigate, create a clear identity, and bring meaning to the environment to foster pride and create a positive experience.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Workplace Culture, Workplace Design
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Innovation, Sustainability, and Workplace.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: