The Impact of Embodied Carbon on the Road to Net Zero Monday, 8 November 2021 from 12:40 PM – 1:00 PM
While we often hear about the built environment generating 40% of the worlds CO2 emissions, what we don’t hear is that while 28% of those emissions are associated with building operations, 11% is the production of building construction materials, otherwise known as embodied carbon. Just three materials used in much of the building and construction sector – steel, concrete and aluminum, represents 23% of the total world’s CO2. Come join us for a discussion about what embodied carbon is, the impact it has on our net zero future, and what you can do to minimize the impact.
Global Product Manager, JLL
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms:
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Innovation, Sustainability and Workplace.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: