Designed for Diversity & Inclusion; driving change & unlocking innovation Monday, 8 November 2021 from 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Research suggests that a more neurodiverse workforce - individuals with ADHD, Tourettes, Dyslexia and Autism Spectrum Disorders - can help unlock innovation, creativity, and big picture thinking. But to do so, their needs must be met. A complicating factor is that an estimated 1 in 8 people are considered neurodiverse, but less than 50% are aware of their condition. What's more, very few businesses are designing workplaces to specifically accommodate them. Taking a cross-disciplinary view, this session will explore issues pertaining to D&I from a business perspective.
- Self-reflect on your own role in creating cultures and spaces that support a diverse workforce; gain a deeper understanding of the pitfalls and watch-outs in building an inclusive workplace.
- Benefit from business, HR and design insights into the specific workplace needs of a diverse workforce as well as individuals with neurodiverse conditions.
- Gain practical tools and advice on how to better accommodate a neurodiverse workforce
Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Future of Work, Workplace Design
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms:
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Innovation, Sustainability and Workplace.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: