My Company Made a Net Zero Carbon Commitment -- Now What? Monday, 8 November 2021 from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Today's media is filled with representations of leaders who are revered for their personal charisma, over-the-top self-confidence, and a top-down leadership style. However, now more than ever leaders and 'followers' are trying to understand what it means to lead with humility and in what ways leading with humility increases leader effectiveness. Humility is rarely discussed and frequently misunderstood. Gain cutting-edge research on the topic and benefit from practical suggestions to lead with humility.One in five of the world's largest companies has committed to achieve net zero carbon emissions, with pledges more than doubling from 2019 to 2020. As more CRE leaders are being tapped to contribute to their organizations' net zero ambitions, a common refrain is "What do I do next?" This session will paint a vision of what a net zero real estate portfolio looks like, the critical steps on any organization's journey, and clear, tactical actions you can take immediately to set yourself up for net zero success.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role that CRE leaders should play in making their organizations net zero carbon ambitions a reality.
- Articulate clear, practical strategies and tactics that CRE leaders can deploy in pursuing net zero carbon targets.
- Communicate to senior leadership why the time to act on net zero ambitions is now, and make the business case for needed investment.
Climate Change, Sustainability
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms:
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Innovation, Sustainability and Workplace.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: