The Inside Job - Getting Business Transformation Right by Going About It the 'Wrong' Way!! Wednesday, 11 March 2020 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
How do you convince shareholders and executives that the plan to bring the head offices of 3 group entities together with the holding company is not just a relocation but an opportunity to transform the business? Gunung Sewu Group, faced this challenge after having commissioned international consultants to design an inspiring workplace. Leaders however remained unconvinced about the potential of an environment of sharing, transparency, 'self-service' and trust to deliver performance benefits. Throughout this case study you'll discover how an unconventional journey of patience, persistence, pragmatism and personal commitment transformed internal attitudes, unlocking the employee and organisational benefits of the co-location.
- Avoid a project based approach to workplace change by accepting that the journey is the outcome.
- Recognise the importance of trust and patience in allowing business stakeholders to take the initiative in identifying and driving transformation initiatives that are more likely to be sustained over the long term.
- Adopt an agile mindset in facilitating transformation, by understanding that trialing and refining are not limited to developing design solutions, but also to developing new business solutions.
- Understand what a pathway to convergence could look like in your organisation and how and why to participate.
- Build awareness of likely obstacles and what needs to change in order to overcome them.
Business Models, Change Management, Communication Effectiveness
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Discover some of the new formats to fit your style and interests. Choose from more than 35 unique Learning Experiences taught by the best minds in corporate real estate.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - Join a 20-minute solo presentation highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Leadership Track - Strengthen your leadership capabilities and become an even more effective people and change leader.