Critical Facets of the Intelligent, Human-Centric Workplace Thursday, 12 March 2020 from 10:30 AM – 11:15 AM
The future belongs to the Intelligent and human-centric workplace. But how do we design and operate a workplace that is able to address the employees' tangible and intangible needs? How do we build a robust relationship between employees themselves as well as between them and the organisation? Like humans who evolve and grow, workplaces also must be dynamic, garnering insights from various touchpoints and adapting to the needs of its people. The critical facets that goes into building an intelligent, sustainable, and human-centric workplace will be explored.Key Takeaways:
- Identify the elements that go into creating an engaging experiential-workplace environment that helps foster meaningful relationships
- Understand how the workplace design and technology sync together to cater to both the emotional and rational needs of employees.
- Identify the current market readiness and challenges of creating and adopting such a workplace.
Emotional Intelligence, Technology & the Built Environment, Technology and the Built Environment, Workplace Design
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Discover some of the new formats to fit your style and interests. Choose from more than 35 unique Learning Experiences taught by the best minds in corporate real estate.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - Join a 20-minute solo presentation highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Leadership Track - Strengthen your leadership capabilities and become an even more effective people and change leader.