A Park in a Tower: Integrating Outdoor Spaces in a New Corporate High-Rise Monday, 21 October 2019 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
Densification in today’s workplace is increasing globally, and communal spaces, both inside and out, have become as important as individual work areas. The best buildings also embrace their context and the life surrounding them, with more tall buildings incorporating terraces, public places, pass-throughs and vertical neighborhoods that animate and engage city life. A new tower in San Francisco – soon to be home to Facebook – integrates large outdoor terraces that are unusual for today’s office tower. Discover the story behind the building’s design and development and what brought the tech giant to this new landmark.
- Learn how zoning requirements in San Francisco helped lead to an innovative office tower with large, collaborative outdoor spaces throughout.
- Hear what circumstances culminated in the largest single office lease deal in San Francisco history, with a 750,000-square-foot, 100% occupancy by Facebook.
- Understand the structure of the overall development and now current buildout that is turning an initial spec office building into effectively a corporate headquarters.
Property Development, Workplace Design
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: