Virtual Reality - A Research Perspective on Real-World Applications Monday, 21 October 2019 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
Organizations and industries around the world are beginning to use virtual reality (VR). From education and training to empathy and perspective taking, the possibilities are endless. In this session, Tobin Asher from the Virtual Human Interaction Lab at Stanford University will walk you through not only what virtual reality is but why and when you might want to utilize its unique affordances. You will explore research and case-studies about VR through real-time VR demos, and perhaps you may even get some inspiration for how you can begin incorporating this technology into your work.
- Boost your understanding of Virtual Reality and how it is being applied.
- Experience Virtual Reality through real-time demos and learn more about the creative research that is being done by Stanford University.
Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: