Learn From the Craft Brewing Industry: Engagement Through Experience Sunday, 20 October 2019 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
In response to the significant growth of e-commerce, changing consumer demographics and preferences, brick & mortar retail has shifted focus to the experience. The craft beer industry is one of the most illustrative examples of this shift. This presentation explores what corporate real estate professionals can learn from the engaging environment breweries build to attract consumers and their adaptive reuse strategies. The craft beer industry is booming. The U.S. has the most craft breweries on record ever in its history. While annual growth has slowed a bit, there are still openings across the United States. Cities like San Diego and Chicago have hundreds of breweries providing endless options for beer lovers and novices alike. This growth has translated into millions of square feet of absorption in U.S. markets, especially in fringe submarkets. When you think of a brewery, what do you think about? Imagine you walk into a brewery. What do you hear, what do you see, what do you feel, what do you smell, and obviously, what do you taste? From former light bulb and paint factories to movie studios and movie theaters, breweries reuse properties that would otherwise remain vacant. That is all part of their charm. This session uses case studies to illustrate the best examples of adaptive reuse, local economic impacts, and space design.
- Discover how the craft beer industry exemplifies experiential real estate.
- Examine how adaptive reuse can reinvigorate local economies and development.
- Adopt some of the methods to attract and retain consumers from a range of demographics.
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: