Future 20 - Singularity is Coming: What is it and How Can We Prepare? Monday, 21 October 2019 from 2:45 PM – 3:05 PM
As we speculate about the Future of Work, we find inspiration in voices that interpolate between reality and futurism. A leading voice is Ray Kerzweil's and his concept of Singularity, where exponential and ever-accelerating innovation in technology will blend humans and computers into an infinitely smarter, faster, more effective and creative world. Examine key concepts behind Singularity, and how those ideas will impact buildings and the exploration of future environments. Explore Nanotech, Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Machine Learning to understand how these exponential innovations are transforming the workplace as we know it.
- Understand the key concepts predicting the Age of Singularity.
- Explore how elements of Singularity are already impacting how we work, learn and interact with each other.
- Predict the individual ways in which singularity might begin to influence your industry and understand how to be prepared.
Technology & the Built Environment, Technology and the Built Environment
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: