Disruptions in the Television & Motion Picture Industry: Building experiences for the Creative Class Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
The movie and television business is in a state of evolution, due to the impact of Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. Their combined aggressiveness around movies and television has led to a major shift in the value chain. Their approach to developing original content changing the way the population is receiving and absorbing content. The rise of new-age media companies like Netflix and Amazon and soon Apple, Alphabet and Facebook has resulted in talent war between traditional Hollywood and the Silicon Valley disruptors. Explore the real estate impact on this phenomenon and how workplaces are being developed and used to create a competitive and creative advantage.
- * Understand of the dynamics of the of Hollywood/Silicon Valley war for talent and the strategies being taken to attract and retain talent.
- * Understand the effect this disruption has had on the California real estate market.
- * Examine the workplace strategies being implemented and planned for that specifically cater to the creative work force. Understand the differences between working on a studio lot vs. campus vs stand-alone building.
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: