The Reburb: The New Densification of the American Suburbs Monday, 21 October 2019 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
Many Millennials are now making their way from cities to the suburbs, or what the New York Times dubbed the "hipsturbia" movement. They're seeking great careers at companies in a walkable live/work/play environment. How do you identify when a project is a new densification candidate? Where are these places? How do you ensure you design a project that builds value over the long term? A team that wasn't just the traditional developer-architect-user was used to co-create Park Center, a new regional mixed-use campus with State Farm as its major tenant. Discover what was learned along the way and be able to recognize the best "reburb" opportunities.
- Discover how to identify the best programming opportunities by engaging all stakeholders in the co-creation of a "reburb".
- Learn how to put together the right diverse team to create an innovative mixed-used environment that supports the growth of a "reburb".
- Learn innovative consensus-building techniques to ensure that the final project satisfies stakeholders and creates optimal long-term value.
Collaboration, Emerging Markets
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: