The Journey to Hudson Yards: Mega HQ Lessons Learned Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the United States by area. This session features SME’s who will present their lessons learned from their journey to create the Hudson Yards. Learn how the team worked together through pitfalls, successes, and risk mitigations. Discover what it took to get through the entire process as viewed from the developer’s and contractor’s perspectives as well as that of the principal tenants (including getting internal approvals and financing in place)! Follow the twists and turns of this mega project from the inside team and participate in an interactive town hall Q&A.
- Discover new strategies to understand and mitigate potential roadblocks for anyone considering a major undertaking; such as, a new HQ, a move or a consolidation.
- Understand the rationale and approach to strategies for getting a major office project 'over the line' at an executive level; including, points to convince the board that this is the right direction when faced with significant investment spends.
- Learn various ways to mitigate design and construction risk on a major office/ HQ project and key aspects to build a project team that works.
Financial Management, Project Management, Risk Management
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: