Banana Split Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
In the late 1970s one of President Carter's economic advisors-under pressure to avoid mentioning the term recession-used the word "banana" to speak of recessions. Much like the double meaning represented in the title, there are conflicting risks-to the upside and downside-confronting markets every single day. As the cycle continues to mature, many have turned their attention to the thought of a recession, but is a recession inevitable? Is it a good thing for markets to not have a recession? Go on a deeper dive into the important factors that will influence economic and market outcomes, key insights and an outlook (short term and long term).
- Gain a greater understanding of how to think about markets over varying periods of time. This is accomplished by examining how short-term trends and long-term trends interact to create today’s market dynamics.
- Strengthen your ability to think critically about issues that matter and those that do not.
- Sharpen your understanding of where markets are headed. Gain a better idea of where challenges may lie and conversely, where they may encounter attractive opportunities.
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: