Whatever It Takes: R&D Facility Uses the Whole Toolbox Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
New St. Louis Research and Development Facility includes more than 200,000 SF of state-of-the-art laboratory space has been constructed to facilitate R&D and unify the Pfizer population, both physically and culturally, by moving them from five buildings into a single facility. Not surprisingly, the project team was faced with a host of challenges, including several at the 11th hour. Learn about the innovative design and construction methodologies used for a sophisticated R&D and office facility that positively impacted the schedule and price.
- Explore the emerging tech trends impacting work, workers and workplace.
- Understand the significance of the deal and how it could it be replicated.
- Gain an appreciation of how the Bioplace project represents a new era in the way projects are delivered.
- Understand how to incorporate DB sub-contractors into the team early and maximize their value and how to engage and inform the client/users at all levels.
Collaboration, Decision Making, Innovation
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: