Harnessing the Superpowers of the Working CRE Mom (and Dad) Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
As the next generation becomes parents the needs and wants from the work environment change with the new demands of balancing work with raising children. Perks such as ping pong tables and free food are usurped by the importance of a flexible work environment, which has been shown to be one of the most successful initiatives for enabling working parents to thrive. As CRE professionals, we must send the message that we support and celebrate our working parents. This discussion is an attempt to listen, empathize and highlight the sacrifices, and challenges working parents face. It will explore how the commercial real estate sector is adapting to retain and engage top talent. Setting the tone, each facilitator will be joined on-stage by one of their children!
- Discover how organizations are adapting their real estate and their culture to empower working moms (and dads) to thrive.
- Describe the principles of ROWE (Results Only Work Environment) and how it can be applied at the organizational and team level to provide employees the autonomy they need to get their work done when, where and how it works best for them.
- Identify the primary needs and wants of the new generation of working parents and how best to recruit and retain top talent as they begin to raise families.
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: