Applications and Experiences of Leadership Development - How Do We Lead Through Complexity? Tuesday, 22 October 2019 from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
How can we move towards better decision-making, greater responsiveness, productivity, and effectiveness in our leadership in the midst of the increasing complexities of the world in which we live? The answer - It is Personal - the problem is solved by greater self-awareness and the desire/ability to continue learning and growing. Changing ourselves is hard work. It requires awareness, a desire to change, knowledge of how to do it, and having the capacity to be able to continually learn. The results are greater trust, improved confidence, better communication, greater inclusiveness, and more effective leadership.
- Reflect on your path for adult development and have a basic understanding of the leadership competencies that are most effective for you personally.
- Discover the importance and impact of deep listening and how it affects others and yourself. Listening is an effective component of leading.
- Experience the impact of asking non-leading questions and allowing others to speak what is on their mind. Asking, listening, and learning are key activities of effective leadership.
Leadership, Leadership & Management
Learning: Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences in new formats to fit your style and interests.
- Case Studies - Real life examples of projects with opportunities to understand what went well (and what didn't).
- Campfire - Smaller, more intimate facilitated conversations with peers.
- Debate - Constructive, moderated debate between opposing viewpoints.
- Empathy Lab - See and understand the world through the eyes of others. Foster a culture that promotes understanding, both within organizations and in the world at large.
- Engage Studio - Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20 - 20-minute solo presentations highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Ignite - Fast-paced showcase of ideas that might be bold, possibly brash – but never boring
- Learning Theaters - Effective, timely, topical presentations by SME's on Workplace, Wellness, Careers, and Innovation.
- Roundtable Discussions - Delve into the deeper issues and focus on developing solutions, approaches, strategies, or innovative thinking.
- Technology Playground - Informative technology insights and trends to keep you ahead of the curve!
Learning Experiences Sponsored by: