Brain Power: Using Neuroscience to Design Work Experiences Wednesday, 11 September 2019 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
In a creative and knowledge economy, the biggest part of employee’s experience is invisible -- it’s going on inside their heads. The increasing pace of work, volume of information, and complexity of business demands more from employee’s brains. Workers appreciate a work environment that allows them to focus, create, and get work done. But how much of workplaces today have been designed with the brain in mind? What does it mean to support employees in their critical and creative thinking? In this interactive session, you will be led through three mini-experiences that illustrate recent scientific experiments about the optimal environmental conditions for different cognitive functions. Space design can help or hinder the ability to focus, be creative, and maintain energy. Learn the science behind these experiences and practical design interventions that can support the performance of your most important resource – your people.
- Deepen your understanding of the neuroscience behind common work experiences.
- Assess how your current workplace is hindering or supporting employee’s ability to think.
- Apply practical strategies for supporting employees through design.
Employee Engagement, Workplace
Learning Your Way
Learning comes in many forms. Discover some of the new formats to fit your style and interests. Choose from more than 120 unique Learning Experiences taught by the best minds in corporate real estate.
- Engage Studio- Jump in, get involved, and have fun in these hands-on learning opportunities.
- Future 20- Join a 20-minute solo presentation highlighting new and emerging ideas.
- Leadership Track- Strengthen your leadership capabilities and become an even more effective people and change leader.
- Technology Track- Informative technology insights and trends that will keep you ahead of the curve!